COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program
The COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program has been established to support Tasmanian businesses whose business operations have been impacted due to:
- critical staff being required to isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19, or
- being forced to close due to a Public Health Direction, or
- having suffered a significant reduction in demand,
that has resulted in a reduction in turnover due to COVID-19 of 30% or more between 15 December 2021 and 14 January 2022 inclusive, compared to the same period in the previous year (15 December 2020 - 14 January 2021).
Businesses must also demonstrate they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan, a completed COVID-19 Risk Assessment and where necessary, a COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Management Plan in place to be eligible.
Grant funding will be determined based on the business’s annual turnover, defined as total sales (exclusive of GST), of goods and services to customers by the applicant for the period in the 2020-21 financial year.
Grants will be tiered and available to eligible businesses based on:
Business Annual Turnover 2020-21 (exclusive of GST)
Grant funding available
Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of $25 000 to $49 000
Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of between $50 000 and $999 999
Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of between $1 million and $2 999 999
Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of between $3 million and $10 million
And, where a business purchased and lost perishable goods*.
Claim for the cost of the perishable goods up to a value of $5 000
* Perishable goods are defined as - Food, that typically spoils within a relatively short amount of time, such as fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy products and other perishable goods like flowers.
How to apply
1. Please read the guidelines and determine whether you are eligible to apply.
- Please note: For the purpose of calculating the required minimum 30 per cent downturn in turnover, applicants may include JobKeeper payments in their reported turnover for the 15 December 2020 to 14 January 2021 period only.
Please note that JobKeeper payments cannot be included as part of the 2020-21 financial year turnover amount.
2. Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
3. Complete your application via SmartyGrants here. The program is open until 2 pm, 9 February 2022.
Major events, registered for 1000 tickets or more under the Events Framework, operating between 15 December and 15 January who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 are encouraged to contact Business Tasmania to register their impact.
Targeted financial assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.