Tasmanian Retailer Development Program
The Tasmanian Retailer Development Program is not just for traditional retailers. It's especially designed for all Tasmanian small businesses supplying goods and services to the public. The program provides eligible business owners with the tools and skills to:
- increase turnover and improve profitability
- provide a point of difference to customers
- improve resilience to rapidly changing business conditions.
The Tasmanian Retailer Development Program will be delivered state-wide by experienced small business facilitators and coaches during 2015-16 and 2016-17.
The program is made up of a series of workshops, one-on-one business coaching and a business health check.
Workshops will be held around Tasmania and cover topics such as:
- developing your strengths and managing your limitations, increasing profitability and turnover
- creating service superstars to define and communicate your point of difference to customers
- innovation and entrepreneurship in 21st century retail - improving your resilience to changing business conditions.
You can attend one or more workshops. Each workshop costs $25 per business to cover costs and to confirm your attendance. Completing your business health check is essential before attending a workshop (see below).
The current schedule of workshops is detailed below.
Schedule of upcoming Workshops
|Tuesday 2 August 2016||Develop Your Strengths||Devonport|
|Wednesday 3 August 2016||Creating Customer Service Superstars||Launceston|
|Thursday 11 August 2016||Creating Customer Service Superstars||Hobart|
|Thursday 6 October||Innovation & Entrepreneurship in 21st Century Retail||Hobart|
|Tuesday 11 October||Creating Customer Service Superstars||Devonport|
|Wednesday 12 October||Innovation & Entrepreneurship in 21st Century Retail||Launceston|
All Workshops are 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Individual business coaching
Following the workshops, you can access individual business coaching tailored to your needs. The coach will work with you, guiding and supporting you to grow your business. They will also work with you to review your business strengths and weaknesses identified in your business health check (see below). For further information about the individual business coaching please contact Jess Storm, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph 0431 140 869.
Details of how and when the coaching will be available will be confirmed with you directly by the coaches.
Business health check
An essential part of being in the program is completing the business health check. You will be required to complete the business health check before you attend a workshop or undertake the individualised business coaching.
The business health check will help the coaches identify your strengths and weaknesses and guide you to the most valuable workshops. Once you register for a workshop, you will be emailed the health check.
Not sure where to start?
If you're not sure where to start, or want to find out more about the program, please call Jess Storm, email@example.com or Ph 0431 140 869.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the program you must run a Tasmanian small business operating as a retailer or delivering services that:
- has an Australian Business Number
- has a permanent office or presence in Tasmania
- employs less than 100 full time equivalents
- sells goods and / or services to the general public (through shop-front or non-traditional means, including the internet).