Preparing your business for natural disasters
Disasters have the potential to significantly disrupt your business activities and cause financial setbacks. However, the impacts of disasters and disruptions can be managed by preparing in advance.
Plan for your business to survive, recover and thrive with our Business Tasmania Emergency Preparation Toolkit.
Nobody thinks it will happen to them, but preparing your business to survive an emergency event is vital for every business owner. Follow the simple checklists, designed to help you prepare your business to come through an emergency event, recover faster and even continue trading while you rebuild.
View and download the Emergency Preparation Toolkit here.
We also have the business continuity plan template. This will guide you through four sections, helping you to create strategies to reduce the impacts of an emergency event. You can complete the whole plan as one document, or complete each part separately as they apply to you.
- Part 1 - Know your disaster risk will help you to assess the risks to your business
- Part 2 - Get ready will help you to prepare your business and staff for disasters
- Part 3 - Take action will help you to know what to do during a disaster
- Part 4 - Reassess, recover and learn will help you to track your recovery after a disaster
- Know your disaster risk
- Get ready
- Take action
- Reassess, recover & learn