Preparing your business for natural disasters
Disasters have the potential to significantly disrupt your business activities and cause financial setbacks. However, the impacts of disasters and disruptions can be managed by preparing in advance.
Planning for disasters will help to protect and prepare your business. Use the Business Continuity Plan template to get started. It has four parts:
- Part 1 - Know your disaster risk will help you to assess the risks to your business
- Part 2 - Get ready will help you to prepare your business and staff for disasters
- Part 3 - Take action will help you to know what to do during a disaster
- Part 4 - Reassess, recover and learn will help you to track your recovery after a disaster
Each part of the Business Continuity Plan is available as a stand-alone template. You can complete the whole plan as one document or complete each part separately.
During a disaster, time is of the essence. Your Business Continuity Plan can help you respond quickly and have strategies in place to reduce the impacts of a disaster. The Business Continuity Plan can also help minimise disruptions to your operations and guide your business recovery.
- Business Continuity Plan template
- Know your disaster risk
- Get ready
- Take action
- Reassess, recover & learn