Grant and tender writing
Business grant writing
Business Tasmania periodically delivers workshops for Tasmanian businesses and community groups on how to write successful grant applications. To receive updates about future workshops sign up for the Business Tasmania e-newsletter and visit the Business Tasmania events calendar.
Grant Writing Resources
The business grants writing guide is the complete resource to finding and preparing a grant application.
- Business grants writing guide
- Worksheet 1 - Assess your capacity to take on a grant - PDF Word
- Worksheet 2 - Assess a project you have in mind - PDF Word
- Worksheet 3 - Scheduling the work - PDF Word
- Worksheet 4 - Working up your project - PDF Word
- Communicate Clearly - A guide to plain English (26TEN)
Tendering for government business
The Tasmanian Government delivers workshops on how to prepare government tenders. No workshops are scheduled at this time. To receive updates about future workshops sign up for the Business Tasmania e-newsletter and visit the Business Tasmania events calendar.
Tender Writing Resources
The Tendering Handbook is the complete guide for business owners wanting to win more business.
- Make sure you know what’s happening - register to be advised when the government has a tender
- Make government agencies aware of you - purchasing.tas.gov.au
- Listings of support services
Commercial Business Support Fact Sheet
Government Business Support Fact Sheet
ICT sector specific resources
- Information on the whole-of-government Tasmanian Government ICT Professional Services panel and the Government Information Technology Conditions (GITC) Supplier Accreditation process
- Tasmanian Government ICT Tenders: Common mistakes and reasons for failure
Other suggested resources
APMP Proposal Guide by Larry Newman
How to persuade people who do not want to be persuaded by Joel Bauer and Mark Levy
Persuasive Business Proposals by Tom Sant
Powerful Proposals by David Pugh and Terry Bacon
Proposal Essentials by Jon Williams and BJ Lownie
The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
Writing Winning Business Proposals by Richard Freed, Shervin Freed and Joe Romano
Zilch by Nancy Lublin