Winning government business
The Tasmanian and Australian Governments are committed to ensuring businesses are aware of opportunities to tender for government business.
Business grant writing
Business Tasmania periodically delivers workshops for Tasmanian businesses and community groups on how to write successful grant applications. No workshops are scheduled at this time. To receive updates about future workshops sign up for the Business Tasmania e-newsletter and visit the Business Tasmania events calendar.
Grant Writing Resources
The business grants writing handbook is the complete guide to finding and preparing a grant application.
- 2019 Workshop presentation and handout tools
- Communicate Clearly - A guide to plain English (produced by 26TEN)
Tendering for government business
The Tasmanian Government delivers workshops on how to prepare government tenders. No workshops are scheduled at this time. To receive updates about future workshops sign up for the Business Tasmania e-newsletter and visit the Business Tasmania events calendar.
Tender Writing Resources
The Tendering Handbook is the complete guide for business owners wanting to win more business.
- Make sure you know what’s happening - register to be advised when the government has a tender
- Make government agencies aware of you - purchasing.tas.gov.au
- Listings of support services
Commercial Business Support Fact Sheet
Government Business Support Fact Sheet
ICT sector specific resources
- Information on the whole-of-government Tasmanian Government ICT Professional Services panel and the Government Information Technology Conditions (GITC) Supplier Accreditation process
- Tasmanian Government ICT Tenders: Common mistakes and reasons for failure
Other suggested resources
APMP Proposal Guide by Larry Newman
How to persuade people who do not want to be persuaded by Joel Bauer and Mark Levy
Persuasive Business Proposals by Tom Sant
Powerful Proposals by David Pugh and Terry Bacon
Proposal Essentials by Jon Williams and BJ Lownie
The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
Writing Winning Business Proposals by Richard Freed, Shervin Freed and Joe Romano
Zilch by Nancy Lublin