Small Business Regional Referral Support Program
This grant program will open to applications on Monday 22nd February 2021 at 11am, and close on Monday 22nd March, at 2pm.
This program aims to assist small businesses impacted by COVID-19 in identified regional and remote communities by funding a regional referral resource to support small business recovery.
The role of the regional referral resource will be to connect impacted small businesses in the region with support services, including Business Tasmania and the Enterprise Centres Tasmania (ECT) Program.
A total of $200 000 is available ($25 000 per identified region) to deliver the below minimum objectives relating to the impacts of COVID-19 and support recovery in the identified region. These objectives are to be delivered over a 12 month period with the aim to commence activities by no later than 1 June 2021.
Minimum objectives to be delivered:
- Connect businesses with Business Tasmania and the available services and events provided by local, State or Australian Government to support businesses.
- Promote and share information provided by the Tasmanian Government and Business Tasmania.
- Connect businesses with the nominated ECT provider for the region to provide business advice.
- Promote Business Tasmania workshops coordinated in the region.
- Encourage collaboration between local businesses.
- Provide access to other services that can assist in response to COVID-19 impacts and recovery.
- Provide data and reports in relation to the activities undertaken by the regional referral resource.
- Have a physical presence in the identified region making contacts and meeting with clients in person at the respective businesses, at events and alternate meeting places. These in person activities would be supported by other communication channels such as emails, social media, phone calls and newsletters that best suit the businesses within that region.
- Actively engage with the regions ECT and Business Tasmania.
Only one grant will be awarded to for a regional referral resource within the following identified regions.
- Circular Head
- Flinders Island
- Glamorgan-Spring Bay
- King Island
- Central Highlands / Southern Midlands
- West Coast