Small Business Energy Support Grant Program
This grant program aims to assist Tasmanian small businesses impacted by COVID-19 with their electricity, water and sewage costs. Specifically, this program will support eligible embedded network customers, and those eligible customers that did not receive the COVID-19 electricity, water and/or sewerage wavier.
Embedded network customers are those that get their power from a landlord or building owner like shops in a shopping centre, tenants in managed office accommodation or leaseholders at a business estate.
One off grant payments of $1,000 are available to eligible businesses who have not been eligible for the COVID-19 electricity, water and/or sewerage wavier available from service providers from 1 April 2020.
The COVID-19 Small Business Energy Support Grant Program will open for applications at 12 noon on 31 August 2020 and remain open until 12 noon on 26 October 2020.
To be eligible for the grant, small businesses must:
- Not received the COVID-19 small business electricity, water and sewerage waiver from their utility provider for the first quarterly bill from 1 April 2020. (Click here to see how your bill may look if you have received the waiver).
- Have greater than one and fewer than 20 Full Time Equivalent Staff (FTEs) as at 12 March 2020.
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) – this ABN must be for the applicant business, have been active on or before 12 March 2020 and continues to be active.
- Be registered for GST.
- Have demonstrated an aggregated annual turnover of under $10 million (excluding GST).
- Have submitted and lodged the most relevant activity Business Activity Statement on time.
In order for an application to be deemed eligible, supporting documentation to demonstrate the eligibility must be provided. If suitable information is not provided, the application will be declined. Examples of evidence include:
- Most recent financial statements and or management accounts.
- Copy of most recently submitted Business Activity Statement.
- Copy of the most recent taxation returns.
- Copy of the property lease agreement if applicable.
- Evidence of payment for metered electricity to property owner/manager.
Applicants must determine if they meet the eligibility criteria before submitting an application, by carefully reading the Program Guidelines.
How to apply:
3. Apply here.