COVID-19 Small Business Advice and Financial Guidance Program
This program provides eligible small businesses with access to specialist financial services and/or business support to assist in business recovery, transition, growth, or application of other strategies to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and other significant events.
Eligible applicants will receive a grant of between $750 and $1 500 to obtain financial or business guidance services from a suitably qualified specialist/consultant to assist small businesses with:
- Advice, support, counselling, and the development of strategies to address financial/operational difficulties being experienced by the applicant.
- The development of risk management strategies.
- Strategic analysis.
- Advice and analysis regarding the management of cash flow, preparation of cash flow budgets and projections.
- Profitability analysis.
- The formulation of financial/operational strategies to assist businesses address the impact of COVID-19.
- The development of business plans and governance frameworks.
- Advice regarding the management of debts and liabilities.
- Advice on pivoting, diversification, product innovation, marketing or online presence.
Applicants will be required to nominate a suitably qualified service provider that will provide specialist financial guidance or business support as part of their application. Applicants will also be required to provide an itemised quote confirming the services to be provided, as well as confirmation of an appointment made with the nominated service provider in order to receive grant funding.
Whilst every effort will be made to assess applications as quickly as possible, applicants should note that the assessment process may take up to one week to complete. Once the assessment process has been completed, successful applicants will receive the grant payment within five working days.
Up to $1.2 million has been allocated for this program as follows:
|Applications open||Applications close|
|Monday 27 September 2021||2:00 pm Monday 30 May 2022|
|Friday 15 July 2022||2:00 pm Tuesday 30 May 2023|
|Monday 17 July 2023||2:00 pm Thursday 30 May 2024|
|Monday 15 July 2024||2:00 pm Friday 30 May 2025|