COVID-19 Small Business Advice and Financial Guidance Program
This program aims to provide eligible small businesses with access to specialist financial services and/or business support to assist in business recovery, transition, growth, or application of other strategies to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible applicants will receive a grant of between $750 and $1 500 to obtain financial or business guidance services from a suitably qualified specialist/consultant to assist small businesses with:
- Advice, support, counselling, and the development of strategies to address financial/operational difficulties being experienced by the applicant.
- The development of risk management strategies.
- Strategic analysis.
- Advice and analysis regarding the management of cash flow, preparation of cash flow budgets and projections.
- Profitability analysis.
- The formulation of financial/operational strategies to assist businesses address the impact of COVID-19.
- The development of business plans and governance frameworks.
- Advice regarding the management of debts and liabilities.
- Advice on pivoting, diversification, product innovation, marketing or online presence.
Applicants will be required to nominate a suitably qualified service provider that will provide specialist financial guidance or business support as part of their application. Applicants will also be required to provide an itemised quote confirming the services to be provided, as well as confirmation of an appointment made with the nominated service provider in order to receive grant funding.
Whilst every effort will be made to assess applications as quickly as possible, applicants should note that the assessment process may take up to four weeks to complete. Once the assessment process has been completed, successful applicants will receive the grant payment within five working days.
The program will open for applications on Monday 27 September at 1:00 pm.
Up to $1.2 million has been allocated for this program as follows:
For each year of the program, the program will close at 2:00 pm 30 May (or closest following business day if 30 May is a weekend day) or when the funding has been fully allocated in that financial year, whichever occurs first.
The program will re-open in the following financial year on 15 July (or closest following business day if 15 July is a weekend day).