Workforce and workplace relations
Fair Work has a page for you to find out about your workplace entitlements and obligations if you're affected by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Centrelink has a payment and service finder tool to check whether you or your staff are eligible for assistance.
Free advice from TCCI
TCCI will provide FREE advice to support businesses affected by COVID-19 to manage their obligations in regard to industrial relations issues, as part of the Tasmanian Government’s Support and Stimulus Package. These issues may include workplace health and safety, employment obligations, workers compensation and changing workforce requirements. Call TCCI on 1300 559 112, or visit www.tcci.com.au.
Support may include (but not limited to):
- Advice in regards to industrial instruments - Modern Award, Enterprise Agreements etc.
- Modern Award coverage and interpretation
- Rates of pay, loadings, penalties and allowances
- Leave entitlements/accruals – annual, personal, parental and long service leave
- Obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009
- Record keeping requirements
- Support and advice to manage workforce contraction such as contract variations, stand downs, redundancies, etc.
- Development and implementation of policies and advice in relation to:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Working from home
- Stand down
- Duty of care implications
- Provision of advice on employee management including business closure and risk management
Free Advice from Tasmanian Hospitality Association
The THA provides free employment relations advice and services to its members and in the current circumstances with hospitality enterprises being required to close, the THA is providing the service free to all hospitality business and enterprises around Tasmania.
The contact details for the Tasmanian Hospitality Association employment relations advice, services and information are: