Winning government business
The Tasmanian and Australian Governments are committed to ensuring businesses are aware of opportunities to tender for government business.
The government is getting behind and backing small business by delivering the Winning Government Business Program.
Bidding, tendering or quoting for government business can be an important part of your business success.
The Tasmanian Government has produced a Tendering Handbook to help you bid for business with the government.
The purpose of the Winning Government Business Program is to deliver a series of interactive events and workshops across the state over four years that will inform business participants about:
- Tasmanian Government procurement policies and processes
- how to find out about tendering opportunities
- how to interpret offer and tender documents, and
- how to prepare tenders.
During 2016, there will be a series of tendering classes held around Tasmania:
- We ran the Tendering Master Class workshop across the state in March. View the presentation here.
- In June and October 2016 there will be small, interactive advanced workshops including Strategic Positioning to Win and Persuasive Writing to Win. In these two free half-day workshops you will learn how to prepare winning tenders, proposals and quotes. Workshops include some theory, practical information and tips and tools.
Registrations for the June workshops in Hobart and Ulverstone are now open. Please register for each half-day workshop separately:
28 June 2016, Strategic Positioning to Win, Hobart
29 June 2016, Persuasive Writing to Win, Hobart
30 June 2016, Strategic Positioning to Win, Ulverstone
1 July 2016, Persuasive Writing to Win, Ulverstone
To register your interest for the October workshops in Launceston call 1800 440 026 or email email@example.com
Winning Government Business Resources
To further help you, there is a list each for private and public sector online services offering information for business across a wide range of sectors.
Commercial Business Support Fact Sheet
Government Business Support Fact Sheet
To stay in touch with upcoming tendering opportunities, you can register to be advised when the government has a tender in the market or tendering opportunities.