Winning government business
The Tasmanian and Australian Governments are committed to ensuring businesses are aware of opportunities to tender for government business.
The government is getting behind and backing small business by delivering the Winning Government Business Program.
Bidding, tendering or quoting for government business can be an important part of your business success.
The Tasmanian Government has produced a Tendering Handbook to help you bid for business with the government.
The purpose of the Winning Government Business Program is to deliver a series of interactive events and workshops across the state over four years that will inform business participants about:
- Tasmanian Government procurement policies and processes
- how to find out about tendering opportunities
- how to interpret offer and tender documents, and
- how to prepare tenders.
During 2016, a series of tendering classes are being held around Tasmania:
- We ran the Tendering Master Class workshop across the state in March. View the presentation here.
- In July, we ran two small, interactive advanced workshops, Strategic Positioning to Win and Persuasive Writing to Win, in Hobart and Ulverstone. Feedback from these has been very positive:
Great, concise and practical.
Best workshop I’ve been to in years – very useful.
Els-Mari Mclean – Langford Support Services
David’s engagement and depth of knowledge is fantastic.
Simon Baxter - Aldanmark
- In October, Strategic Positioning to Win and Persuasive Writing to Win will be presented in Launceston and once again in Hobart. In these two free half-day workshops you will learn how to prepare winning tenders, proposals and quotes. Workshops include some theory, practical information and tips and tools.
- Registrations are now open for the October workshops.
18 October Strategic Positioning to Win - Hobart
19 October Persuasive Writing to Win - Hobart
20 October Strategic Positioning to Win - Launceston
21 October Persuasive Writing to Win - Launceston
Winning Government Business Resources
To further help you, there is a list each for private and public sector online services offering information for business across a wide range of sectors.
Commercial Business Support Fact Sheet
Government Business Support Fact Sheet
To stay in touch with upcoming tendering opportunities, you can register to be advised when the government has a tender in the market or tendering opportunities.
Making agency buyers aware of your business is the best way to increase your opportunities to bid for Tasmanian Government business. Government Buyers can purchase some items at their discretion or directly approach businesses for quotes for certain purchases. Find contact details of each agency's procurement services and lots of other help and tips, on the purchasing.tas.gov.au website.